Provide supervision for nursing unit on one shift to assure staff provide appropriate care, maintain patient care continuity and promote quality of life.
- Registered Nurse Licensed in Washington State.
- Experience in long term care preferred.
- Understanding of requirements of the guidelines of the nursing laws and rules in Washington state.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing routine job duties.
- Excellence in all aspects of quality nursing including rehabilitative, and restorative.
- Good administrative, managerial, organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Be personable with residents, families, and staff in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Must have compassion, tolerance, and understanding for the residents of the facility.
- Thorough knowledge of JCAHO, WDPH, and HCA regulations.
- Requests assistance of Nursing Manager when unsure of administrative decision on unit.
- Reviews shift documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Completes incident reports and initiates transfer forms as appropriate.
- Completes Nursing reports at the end of shift.
- Effectively supervises care delivered by certified nursing assistants on nursing unit.
- Acts as liaison between Certified Nursing Assistants and Nurse Manager.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, as appropriate.
- Notifies appropriate staff of any change in MD orders.
- Assures team assignment sheets are completed accurately and completely.
- Responsible for documentation in integrated progress notes significant changes and health information for residents.
- Monitors resident behaviors and ensures implementation of care plan and documentation of behavior and interventions.
- Dispenses medications and treatments for residents per physician orders adhering to appropriate policies and procedures.
- Adheres to facility policy and procedure regarding Universal Precautions, OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens, Disaster Preparedness Duties, Workplace Violence, MSDS, Nursing Supplies/products, Exposure Policy, Infection Control Practices, Abuse recognition and reporting, and other topics as appropriate.
- Accurately transcribes physician orders to medex, treatment record and or lab requisitions as needed.
- Accurately orders medications from pharmacy in consultation with nursing supervisor.
- Counts narcotics with previous shift nurse and oncoming shift nurse and dispenses and documents all narcotics administered during shift according to facility policy and procedure.
- Charts all medications administered during the shift after each individual patient has received medication as indicated by facility policy and procedure.
- Appropriately chart resident response to medications administered and the progress/effectiveness of treatments provided.
- Receives report from off going shift and gives report to oncoming nursing shift.
- Communicates with Nurse Manager on an ongoing basis to convey information regarding both residents and staff.
- Routinely notifies supervisor of any changes in patient status, lack of improvement, or any patient incident
- Assists with completion of assessment tools at admission and for updates as assigned.
- Assists in writing nursing summaries and MDS Care Plans.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Care Conferences as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing facility in-services and identifies areas which may require further education.
- Performs all other duties as requested.